Talk

Advanced search

Classroom incentive schemes! What's yours?

(11 Posts)
LegoLeia Wed 25-Jul-07 11:35:46

We have a jar in the classroom, when someone does something really kind, or good, or they are a good example to the other children they get to put a fluffy craft ball into the jar. When it's full, the whole class get a treat, like a new pencil or something.

What do your DCs class do? (Warning, I will nick the best ideas!)

lexcat Wed 25-Jul-07 18:02:54

stickers (R,Y1)

christywhisty Wed 25-Jul-07 20:08:23

DS's and DD's Primary do a Marble Jar and the class with the most marbles at the end of the week get a treat.

ratfly Wed 25-Jul-07 23:52:53

I do a table point system, where anyone being good / working hard / getting ready first gets a point for their table. Each point adds time towards choosing time at the end of the week - usually about 10 mins or so. THis year with my Y3s they chose to bank their choosing time until they got an hour or so!

cat64 Thu 26-Jul-07 00:16:41

Message withdrawn

CalifrauniusFudge Thu 26-Jul-07 00:29:02

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

TheQueenOfQuotes Thu 26-Jul-07 00:48:14

stickers.

katelyle Thu 26-Jul-07 06:49:47

We have the 'catch me being good' card system too - the clhidren love it! And it means that the non-academic types have as much chance of getting a plastic dinosaur as a mini einstein. Mind you it's a bit difficult to stop some of the goody goody girls being ostentatiously good in front of you (I'm a classroom volunteer and I'm allowed to give out the cards too!)

mymama Thu 26-Jul-07 07:04:16

We have the catch me being good system too. Our schools calls it a "gotcha". One gets drawn out each week on assembly and they get morning tea with the principal which consists of cakes and things and a prize of some sort.

Dandi Thu 26-Jul-07 12:29:56

DS (Y1) class had a marble jar type thing but with pasta and I think they could also get pasta taken out for doing something 'naughty'. When full the whole class had a party. They also have individual sticker charts. As a whole primarty school (300 children) they have a golden letter scheme which a very few kids get each week, but they get a nice letter sent to their home and a token, also a golden stamp scheme - they have to get 4 and get a cinema ticket. Not quite sure how the golden thingies work - think DS has some stamps but not yet filled the card

cat64 Thu 26-Jul-07 19:23:04

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now