PHSE Sex and Relationship videos

(7 Posts)
Happysummer Fri 14-Jun-19 18:24:27

DD is 8 years old in Year 4. I've seen the videos her school will be showing this term about the difference between girls and boys. It's 3x 5 minutes videos from the early nineties and rather basic information.

Are there any good resources we could look at together to help with explaining puberty, relationships and babies...?

OP’s posts: |
Zodlebud Fri 14-Jun-19 19:40:51

I found the book “Where Willy Went” a great resource for explaining the baby thing to my 8 year old. It is very age appropriate, factual but fun.

CleanHankie Fri 14-Jun-19 20:49:45

We had a 3 book set "The Smart Girls Guide to.." by Anita Ganeri. It covered what you needed in a light factual way. What I liked the most is it covered friendships and how they can change as my daughter at the time was struggling with this.

Happysummer Sat 15-Jun-19 12:07:57

Thank you, I'll have a look at these

OP’s posts: |
MMmomDD Sun 16-Jun-19 15:24:09

The Period Book - my similarly aged daughter liked it then and re-read at 10....
It’s a mix of text and cartoon drawings on all kinds of subjects related to growing up - not just baby making. Puberty, self care, friendships, relationships, etc.
‘Where Willy went’ - my kids found babyish, and it only deals with one subject.

LetItGoToRuin Mon 17-Jun-19 11:42:20

Usborne 'What's happening to me?'. There's one each for girls and boys. I was happy with the content for my 8-y-o daughter.

nonicknameseemsavailable Tue 18-Jun-19 14:12:16

yes I would also recommend the Usborne What's Happening To Me book

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in