Talk

Advanced search

Hampton Court House School

(6 Posts)
Wayland Sun 02-Jun-19 20:09:10

You should consider all the local state schools first before thinking of a private school, considering the fees they charge nowadays.

As for Hampton Court House, it's very small, only 200-300 students. Therefore, you likely won't have a wide range of subjects to choose from to study, nor a wide range of facilities.

mumof2littles Sun 02-Jun-19 19:09:58

Ok great thanks, that’s good to know. I didn’t realise the traffic would be so bad!

OP’s posts: |
Gingercat1223 Sun 02-Jun-19 17:18:18

It has bright children in the intake but it won't prepare your dc to move to a secondary school at 11 in the same way Newland, Kew College, the old vic/kings house, Unicorn plus others will. You have plenty of choice in Richmond and unless you buy into the ethos of HCH you should consider a school you could walk to/get a public bus to, the traffic is shocking in the whole area.

mumof2littles Sun 02-Jun-19 13:47:46

Thank you @gingercat1223 . I will look into those schools, they may be more convenient like you say.
Would you think the junior school at HCH is academic? It’s quite hard to tell from the website because so many go straight through to the senior school.

Gingercat1223 Sat 01-Jun-19 17:02:58

It's a marmite school, you will either love it or hate it. Visit somewhere like Newland House or The Old Vicarage/Kings House to see the contrast. It's not the easiest of commutes from Richmond, the traffic around Hampton Court Bridge is stationary every morning.

mumof2littles Sat 01-Jun-19 13:40:17

Hi! I was wondering if anyone up to date views on Hampton Court House School? My husband and I are moving to Richmond and really like the sound of this school. We are planning on visiting soon and hoping to find some thoughts from local mums or dads? My kids would be starting in the junior school. Any information would be really appreciated!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in