(5 Posts)
dibdaw Wed 24-Apr-19 14:00:14

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

OP’s posts: |
dibdaw Sun 19-May-19 18:51:38

Onceanexpat1 Thu 23-May-19 18:23:27

Hi- we live in the same area. To be honest it is a bit of a schools (and transport!) no mans land. Waiting for cross rail...We managed to get into Ark Byron as our daughter was in the first year group but catchment has shrunk considerably. Holy Family and St Vincent’s are both popular and seem to be good schools, a great thing being that they feed into Sacred Heart if you are a catholic and have a girl. Otherwise Derwentwater is also meant to be a lovely, happy community school. I know lots of people with children there who love it. But as with every school it depends on the child and what they need. Ark is very structured with incredibly high academic aspirations. Derwentwater more laid back. St Vincent’s is a good combination of both. Also the student (and parent) body in all very different. Ark has an incredibly active and supportive parent body. There are also private options which we have decided to do for our girls as they needed more sporting/music/art/drama opprtinities than they were getting at Ark. But Ark is amazing and if you can get in to either Priory or Byron then you would be very happy. If you have any more specific questions then let me know xx

SAS2012 Sun 21-Jul-19 19:50:55

Hi, my son went to derwentwater he loved it, he had wonderful teachers who have left good impressions on him and helped him to accomplish well on his favourite subjects. Can't say a bad thing about the school, my son is now in set1 class y7. There are a lots of Ark schools in Acton my experience with Ark Byron is the worst so far. Schools over rated although the ofsted rate school as good lacking experience in what individuality and integration is , bad staff turnover, over stressed kids and unqualified teachers who can't teach professionally primary skills which are the base of every good future to our kids.I shouldn't forget the bad management of the headteacher who had no experience how to manage established school let alone manage a new school in the community. So I wish you luck in choising wisely or still don't move to Acton at all may be round Ealing or west Ealing would be better. Good luck

dibdaw Wed 31-Jul-19 16:13:29

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in