Otford - schools, nurseries and community

(4 Posts)
ParentOtford Mon 25-Mar-19 12:56:12

Hi all,

I am on the verge of moving to Otford, Kent with family including a young child and one on the way.

Was really hoping for any thoughts, advice, ideas smileon:

- Nursery schools in the area. Which are good? Do any have longer opening hours to allow commuting?

- Otford Primary. Is it good?

- Secondary state sector options. What are they? Are the Kent grammar schools an option?

- Community. Is there an active one? NCT groups? mum’s groups etc?

Thank you so much!! smile

OP’s posts: |
Onthemove2019 Sat 07-Nov-20 15:46:33

Hi @ParentOtford - Did you move? I am moving to Otford soon and looking at schools/nurseries for my 3 year old son. I just wondered if you made the move and whether you have any advice? Thank you!

ParentOtford Sat 07-Nov-20 18:05:36

Hello!
We did. Have been here for nearly 18months. We love the community and the green space.

Would highly recommend Broughton Cottage nursery. They have been excellent. Really great activities, good food and lovely staff. The children are never just sat around but spend lots of time outside, doing forest school etc.

We’re in the process of applying for schools at the moment and have put down Otford Primary as our first choice. I went on a tour around a month ago and really liked the atmosphere and the headmistress. Friends have only told us good things.

Good luck!!

OP’s posts: |
Onthemove2019 Sun 08-Nov-20 07:19:47

Thanks so much for getting back to me @ParentOtford. It is much appreciated. I am so glad to hear that you are enjoying the community. Otford feels like the perfect choice for us, but it is such a big move!

I recently went on a tour of the primary school tour and was also really impressed with the facilities and the headmistress. She was so passionate and proud of the school, and I liked that. I am going to put it down as a first choice too I think.

I will take a look at Broughton Cottage Nursery, if and when I can, and maybe I will see you around.

Thanks so much!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in