Catchment areas

(3 Posts)
Harlequin26 Mon 11-Mar-19 20:55:26

Just need some info please. We are thinking of moving from the bristol area to the Chepstow area.
Can you live in Wales and your kids go to English schools? It would be handier for work

OP’s posts: |
brizzlemint Tue 12-Mar-19 08:48:48

They could, yes. If you were applying at the normal school starting age then you'd put down the out of county school on the preference form the same as you would an in-county school.

Is this to do with tuition fees later on?

RedSkyLastNight Tue 12-Mar-19 11:15:56

As PP says you could, but presuming you'll be the wrong side of the bridge for English schools you might struggle to get a place (most schools use distance as an admissions criteria). Plus your DC wouldn't have any local school friends.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in