Talk

Advanced search

Inclusive classrooms - difficulties in language development

(4 Posts)
LenkaCambridgeUni Thu 31-Jan-19 17:49:46

Hello

My name is Lenka, I am a postgraduate student at Cambridge University researching friendships and wellbeing of children with language and communication difficulties.

I am hoping to learn from children directly about how they could feel better and make more friends in inclusive classroom settings.

6-10-year-old children, whose primary difficulties are in the area of language development (e.g. expressive or receptive difficulties with vocabulary, semantics or syntax), or with a diagnosis of developmental language disorder (formerly known as Specific Language Impairment) are invited to participate. The study involves parents filling in a questionnaire, classroom observations, one-to-one meetings with children and their friends, and free play activity.

You can register your interest here bit.ly/2DWayfS And I am more than happy to answer any questions and give more details about the study at LB653@cam.ac.uk

The project has received ethical approval from the Ethics Committee of the Faculty of Education, University of Cambridge. It is sponsored by the LEGO Foundation.

My apologies for posting in this forum. I have found it extremely difficult to connect with parents, who would be interested in helping out. Let me know if you wish me to remove the post.

Thank you
Lenka

OP’s posts: |
BackforGood Thu 31-Jan-19 23:38:39

Might you get a more direct response if you got in touch with SaLT in Cambridgeshire ?
They would presumably be able to pass on the invitation directly to the appropriate children.

LenkaCambridgeUni Fri 01-Feb-19 09:09:56

Thank you for responding, BackforGood!
I have been in the process of getting in touch with SaLT in Cambridgeshire for two months. Passing through the NHS procedures seems like a lifetime mission.

OP’s posts: |
Pythonesque Fri 01-Feb-19 23:19:32

Oxford has a "BabyLab" associated with the psychology department; they have contacted us again as our children have got older for other projects. Is there any similar group potentially holding databases in Cambridge? Good luck with your project.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in