Talk

Advanced search

Big Maths - Clic Levels

(4 Posts)
Sarahrellyboo1987 Wed 23-Jan-19 21:46:21

Do your children do Big Maths - if so, how old are they and what CLIC level are they on?

My daughter has a few disabilities that means she struggles to learn and is academically behind and she has IEP/PPP targets to help her catch up.
When I asked what the average clic level was in her year group the SENCO went flaming red and acted as if I asked what kind of dildo she owned! She gave the same old “we all learn at our own pace” line...which I know and advocate for.
But...I just wanted to know what the bloody average is so I can get a wider understanding of how far behind she is. There are some children in her class who are 10 levels ahead of her and others who are 7/8 levels ahead of her. I wasnt asking for individuals levels. I’m not a pushy/shovvy or competitive parent and have never asked questions like this before...my daughters teacher, who is absolutely amazing, looked just as shocked by her response as me.
So...I thought I’d ask you lovely lot.

OP’s posts: |
April2020mom Wed 23-Jan-19 23:46:16

My stepdaughter uses it. She just started a few weeks ago I haven’t been keeping up with levels we go at our own pace. Is it possible to contact the company to ask questions about their products? I’m sure you can find a email address on the website. Usually there’s also a list of common questions that are asked. When we first started using it I emailed them.

modgepodge Fri 25-Jan-19 20:20:12

I used to teach using Big Maths years ago - it may have changed. From memory, level 1 was for y1, level 2 for y2 and so on. However you mention ‘10 levels ahead’ which suggests far more levels than I was aware of existing so perhaps they’ve changed them!

Can you tell me the sort of questions that are in the booklet and I can suggest which year group it looks like it is aimed at? (I still teach just using a different scheme)

Norestformrz Sat 26-Jan-19 05:40:49

CLIC 1 autumn term reception, CLIC 2 spring term , CLIC 3 summer term CLIC 4 is autumn term Y1 CLIC 5 is Spring term Y1 and CLIC 6 summer term Y1 etc...

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in