Should I de-register ds first?

(13 Posts)
rcat Fri 11-Jan-19 13:33:55

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

OP’s posts: |
rcat Fri 11-Jan-19 13:34:26

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

OP’s posts: |
BertrandRussell Fri 11-Jan-19 13:37:03

When can he start the new school? If they have a place for him why can’t he start straight away?

rcat Fri 11-Jan-19 13:41:49

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

OP’s posts: |
BertrandRussell Fri 11-Jan-19 13:46:27

Unless you have a firm offer of a place in writing or email then don’t de register him. He could easily have a nasty bug-there are a lot going round.........

rcat Fri 11-Jan-19 13:51:14

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

OP’s posts: |
Foxyloxy1plus1 Fri 11-Jan-19 19:09:34

Don’t de register him unless and until to have a firm offer and start date for the new school. A child isn’t on roll until they have crossed the threshold of the school on the first day and you don’t want to find yourself in the position of not having a school place for your child.

Advertisement

eddiemairswife Fri 11-Jan-19 20:13:50

Are you sure there is a place for him at the new school? I sit on Appeal panels, and so often we hear that the head has said there is a place, when in fact the place must go to the child at the top of the waiting list.

FraterculaArctica Fri 11-Jan-19 20:15:02

Is he 5 yet?

starpatch Fri 11-Jan-19 21:33:43

I did deregister mine in this situation. It didn't make any difference to us in the long term and meant he could recover a bit and have a break between schools.

admission Fri 11-Jan-19 22:04:12

Really dangerous to de-register before you have a firm offer of a place in another school in writing. If you de-register then the LA has done all that was necessary legally and it then falls to you to find and accept another school place.
If all the schools have places then this is not a real issue but in many areas there are significant shortages of school places.
I would definitely wait till you have seen the school head and they have confirmed there is a place before you do anything. Whether you send child to school until then is your decision, you know the situation best. I would however if you have not done this so far is make a formal complaint against the headteacher of the current school about the lack of being able to resolve the bullying issues at the school. That at least ensures that somebody is aware of the situation.

IWantMyHatBack Fri 11-Jan-19 22:18:33

Is he 5 yet?

If he's not, take him out.

Birdsfoottrefoil Fri 11-Jan-19 23:00:58

I would keep him off school (not deregister him) due to concerns about his mental health (anxiety and stress)

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in