Recommendations for Primary Schools for ASD Girl

(5 Posts)
Lemonade1000 Mon 26-Nov-18 11:34:57

My DD is 3 and we currently have a draft EHCP in place but are looking for the best mainstream school that can meet her needs.

Does anyone have any recommendations for mainstream schools in the Surrey or Richmond area? Thanks so much in advance xxx

OP’s posts: |
Bobbybobbins Mon 26-Nov-18 12:01:24

Can't help with the area I'm afraid but we were in a similar position last year and our son is now at an enhanced resource school. It's a typical mainstream primary with a small unit attached so he is mostly in with his class but has some withdrawal for extra support. It's been absolutely fab and I would recommend having a look if you have them in your area. Good luck with the search!

Lemonade1000 Mon 26-Nov-18 12:29:45

Thanks for your message. We’re based in Oxshott so looking round that area but willing to travel if we don’t find the right school. Do you mind me asking what school he’s at?
Is always good to have recommendations from parents in similar situations! Xx

Bobbybobbins Mon 26-Nov-18 12:58:25

We are in Derbyshire so pretty far away! We looked at 10 different schools and it was so difficult finding what we were aiming for.

Lemonade1000 Mon 26-Nov-18 13:21:19

I think we’re going to have to look at more than that lol. It’s so draining trying to find the right fit . I’m glad you found somewhere your happy with though x

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in