Oxfordshire or bucks primary school

(4 Posts)
Rach753 Sat 17-Nov-18 20:18:11

Thank you both smile
That's a great idea about brownies etc! We should get in to the Oxfordshire comp as I've double checked with the school and the council and it's all done on catchment area.
I had no idea choosing a school would be so hard 🙈

OP’s posts: |
BubblesBuddy Sat 17-Nov-18 18:14:08

You could join local activities such as Brownies. This would mean she would get to know some local children. Some will move into a secondary knowing no-one. Both my DDs did. If it’s the huge secondary I’m thinking of in Oxfordshire, there are so many opportunities to make friends in y7 anyway. Not every child will start with ready made friends and they change friendship groups anyway.

If you choose a Bucks school you will have to consider travelling. Make sure you are happy to do this for years. Would any Bucks children get into the Oxfordshire comp? That’s a possibility if they don’t get to a Bucks Grammar.

RedSkyLastNight Fri 16-Nov-18 19:58:05

I know people who've done the opposite ie gone to local Oxforadshire school and then gone to a Bucks grammar school.

I wouldn't worry about county boundaries when applying for schools, but local is often preferable at primary level.

Rach753 Fri 16-Nov-18 19:02:31

Hi. Does anyone have experience of their child going to a Bucks primary then an Oxfordshire 'secondary' school? The Oxfordshire primary's near us are all good, but the next village which is Bucks has two amazing schools so considering putting those as first choice (they seem to think we have a chance being pretty much between the villages). Would it be silly to try for one of the bucks schools when the closer ones are fine? Meaning my DD will probably know nobody when she moves schools at 11, but may have had a better start in such a lovely primary confused

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in