Talk

Advanced search

Dont play with her because she is black

(15 Posts)
Rebecca899 Tue 18-Sep-18 14:46:04

Please excuse my english im french speaken.my children started new school last monday and our neighbor children also attend the school.... so one of my daughter saw neighbor child with her friends in the playground and she run to play with her and one of her friend told neigbor child dont play with her shes black and dirty since then that child stop talking to my child even at home. My child says she did tell the teacher and the girl was in trouble but the girl now keep going around telling other white children not to play with my dwughter at break time . I only moved here in june and i feel so bad why some childreb are so bad to others and can i go to school to speak with someone ?

OP’s posts: |
JohnLapsleyParlabane Tue 18-Sep-18 14:47:54

Do go to the school and ask to speak to someone. Racism is not acceptable.

Thierryhenryneedisaymore Tue 18-Sep-18 14:48:20

Speak to the school. They need to nip that in the bud quickly.
Sorry you are going thtough this.

DancingDot Tue 18-Sep-18 15:36:20

What age are children?
YOU need to speak to school - you mention that you are French so if you don't feel confident doing this yourself because of language issues then have someone who you trust come with you.

SpoonBlender Tue 18-Sep-18 15:39:02

The school will be extremely supportive - despite all the Brexit crap, being racist is not tolerated.

Tomorrowillbeachicken Tue 18-Sep-18 15:40:08

That’s just nasty, definitely go to the school.

Racecardriver Tue 18-Sep-18 15:41:13

Does the school know its an ongoing issue? That's really not OK at any age.

Rebecca899 Tue 18-Sep-18 15:51:07

Thank you so much everyone .... my child is 7 years old in yr 3 class and the girl in question is 8 in yr 4 class and my child says she dont want to tell teacher anymore and told me she just ignore her and go and play with other people who like her . I will go with my sister in law who speaks good english to the office tommorow to speak about the problem. I also have 2 other children at the same school in year 6 and reception and they have no problem with friends at all.

Starlight345 Tue 18-Sep-18 16:52:46

No it is not acceptable. No matter what your child says she should be exposed to listening to that at school and certainly should not think it is in anyway acceptable.

TokyoSushi Tue 18-Sep-18 16:54:27

Gosh that's disgraceful. I would make a formal complaint.

Rebecca899 Tue 18-Sep-18 19:24:14

Thank you i will speak with the school tommorow hopefully evetything will be fine very soon

BubblesBuddy Wed 19-Sep-18 10:57:23

Do speak to the school. Where I am a governor we have reports from the head on any racist incidents. It’s the law that we do. Incidents are taken very seriously. Therefore you must report it. Children who behave like this are spoken to by the Head and their future behaviour is monitored.

Sadly young children often learn these attitudes from their parents but it is not tolerated in any school, ever.

BlueChampagne Wed 19-Sep-18 15:41:56

That's an absolute disgrace.

The school should have an equality policy on their website, and may also have a parental behaviour one too (at the school where I'm a governor we had to approve one relatively recently).

Please take it up with the head. If they do not have a parental behaviour policy, this is something positive you could suggest.

If you do not feel fully supported by the head (and I truly hope this won't be the case), the next step would be the chair of governors.

Tomorrowillbeachicken Wed 19-Sep-18 16:49:16

How did the talk to the school go?

Rebecca899 Wed 19-Sep-18 18:09:34

Thank you so much for your support, i was to school this morning and i spoke with the headteacher and he reasure me racism is something they dont accept at the school and it will be dealt with it

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in