Talk

Advanced search

Addacus and dyscalculia

(6 Posts)
TinkWink Tue 18-Sep-18 11:35:09

My year 9 year old son has just been diagnosed with dyscalculia. I am not finding the school particularly helpful so have started looking for things we an do at home. I have found a kit called Addacus which is basically items that can be used to show maths as well as worksheets etc. Has anyone used it? It's over £100 per kit and it loons like there are 3 kits so I don't want to make an expensive mistake.

OP’s posts: |
PlinkPlink Tue 18-Sep-18 11:50:51

Can't you just use another type of blocks?

Not Lego necessarily but something similar.

£100 seems like alot (though I get you are investing in your son's education). I'll see if I can find a link for you...

PlinkPlink Tue 18-Sep-18 11:52:26

There we go:

https://www.learningresources.co.uk/product/150425.do?src=GOOGLEPS&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI_K6_nrHE3QIVwrTtCh3NFwSoEAQYASABEgKWyPD_BwE

PlinkPlink Tue 18-Sep-18 11:53:28

Doesn't come with worksheets though. Maybe see how the blocks go. If he responds well to them maybe get Addacus.

Looks like a fab bit of kit smile

Bellabutterfly2016 Tue 18-Sep-18 11:55:45

I used to work in a school and they used to have resources for parents to
Borrow - I'd ask the teacher. Say you're a bit hard up but would like to engage with him at home and hopefully they'll come up with something for you.

user789653241 Tue 18-Sep-18 23:59:06

The kit looks great, but do you really need them all? I would definitely check out ebay etc, for second hand first. . Also you can buy similar things separately from different maker/manufacturer as well.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in