Moving schools

(5 Posts)
mummyof2boys30 Mon 17-Sep-18 21:37:28

So son attends a speech unit and then mainstream 1 day. Next year will be mainstream every day. Im not entirely happy with his mainstream school. 1st day back and there was no table or chair for him. Second day was friday and i was informed tonight by a parent that their child pulled my child by the eye/face and where being disciplined at home. We had lots of issues last year with same child. School hasnt informed me of latest incident even though told other parent. As well as that there is only 3 other boys in the year group. I really worry about him struggling next year as not much choice to make friends etc. His bro attends the school also and defiantely wudnt move him

OP’s posts: |
sleepismysuperpower1 Mon 17-Sep-18 21:45:20

if he isnt happy i would move schools and leave is brother where he is.

mummyof2boys30 Mon 17-Sep-18 21:59:12

The thing making me consider staying is the next teacher which he will get for 2 years is fantastic but then the issue of friends will always be there. Wish he cud stay at his speech unit forever

sleepismysuperpower1 Tue 18-Sep-18 17:04:11

the friends issue is important, it is what will make him feel comfortable at school.
however it is still early days, maybe give it a few months and then reconsider?

mummyof2boys30 Tue 18-Sep-18 20:39:27

This is his second year at the school. He has friends in the year group above him but have them seperated now at lunch time so cant play with them and obviously in future they will be moving onto secondary by then. He currently is saying hes going to just go to his other school every day. If only.he could

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in