NGHS (Nottingham Girls High School) - Primary

(3 Posts)
tiny1985 Fri 07-Sep-18 13:51:23

We are moving from London to Nottingham this December and looking to enrol my daughter in NGHS (who is 6 and currently in grade 2). Have seen on the school website that primary results sit on the 26h place in Sunday Times league table. Would appreciate any further info about this school (especially primary section ). Thanks all

OP’s posts: |
NoxLumos Tue 16-Oct-18 12:32:08

Hi I don’t know much about results but I’ve recently left this school having joined the school in Key Stage 1 from a state school. The junior school is a great place and the teachers prepare you really well for the senior school as well as making lessons fun and engaging. I would say that maybe you miss out on some aspects of childhood at nghs as everything is very academic and many girls who started in the junior school tend to develop mental health issues in senior school which is often due to pressure being put on them from a young age. However i mostly enjoyed my time there, I think the Junior school is better than the senior, I wish I’d moved after year 6 but the opportunities are like no others. Hope this helps.

tiny1985 Tue 16-Oct-18 13:08:30

Many thanks for your reply. I honestly haven't thought about the senior school as my little one is still 6. I will check again in a few years time before she proceeds in senior school.

Thanks again.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in