Talk

Advanced search

Hair tips for 6yo

(12 Posts)
missedith01 Mon 25-Jun-18 09:57:27

Help. My son's teacher has just said his hair will need to be cut shorter or tied back for lice avoidance. I am completely hopeless with hair. It's not a boy/girl thing, I'm completely hopeless with his sister's hair too and I support the school in dealing with boys and girls the same.

He has shoulder length, wavy, very thick hair.

Any creative ideas for what to do with it appreciated. He likes football at the moment so I'm checking the Panini stickers for inspiration ...

OP’s posts: |
fuzzyfozzy Mon 25-Jun-18 09:59:58

Headbands are/were a footballers thing??

Believeitornot Mon 25-Jun-18 10:01:16

Cut his hair short if you can’t manage...?

You could do the same for your dd.

user789653241 Mon 25-Jun-18 10:06:00

My ds has long hair, and he has to tie it, same as girls who has long hair.
It doesn't need to be perfect or neat, it will be messed up anyway during the day.

Whitelisbon Mon 25-Jun-18 10:09:38

Thor has a ponytail.
(He may or may Not, I haven't a clue, but my 4 year old thinks he does so he's happy to have a ponytail in for nursery like Thor).
Low ponytail, quick, easy.

missedith01 Mon 25-Jun-18 10:11:00

Just like a pony tail sort of thing, irvineoneohone?

Littlelambpeep Mon 25-Jun-18 10:11:14

I think I would just cut it. In this heat, I might be mire comfortable but otherwuse, just a pony tail would do the trick.

missedith01 Mon 25-Jun-18 10:14:35

Believeitornot I can't cut his hair ... he loves it so much. It makes him feel part of this fraternity of cool, long-haired dudes ... he gets lots of high-fives from random guys with long hair. grin

reluctantbrit Mon 25-Jun-18 11:15:31

DD has a boy in her class with lovely long hair, he normally wears it in a low pony tail.

If he wants it long I wouldn't worry, most girls have it long and don't suffer in Summer.

Maybe put a brush into his bag and a spare hair band in case it gets too messy during the day.

user789653241 Mon 25-Jun-18 11:26:29

Yes, he just ties at the bottom of his neck. If it's too high, looks bit girly, so he wants it lower.

drspouse Wed 27-Jun-18 16:16:18

Those squiggly plastic hair tie things (look like an old fashioned telephone cord) are good for thick hair/staying in well.

Believeitornot Wed 27-Jun-18 18:49:41

Fair enough, just lop it up in a pony tail. Get some decent hair bands and he’ll be fine.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in