Talk

Advanced search

Heathside or St. Christopher’s

(8 Posts)
Confusedmamma44 Mon 11-Jun-18 14:14:30

Hello, we plan to relocate a year from now 2018/2019 and wondered if anyone had recommendations/preferences/guidance as to which school could be worth pursuing (we’ll be living in NW3) My daughter will be 7 for the move (year 3) and is currently attending a British school. Many thanks in advance.

OP’s posts: |
laptopdisaster Tue 12-Jun-18 23:21:13

Will she be sitting the 7+? You’ll want to try for at least 4-5 schools if so as it’s very competitive, I’m not sure StC even has a formal 7+ entry.

henrietta1199 Fri 22-Jun-18 12:36:31

I would add:
small non selective in NW3: Devonshire House, the Academy, North Bridge.
Large selective school with entrance exams in December-January: Highgate, South Hampstead School for girls. Channing school has no longer entry at 7+.

henrietta1199 Fri 22-Jun-18 12:44:31

Depends on what you want for your child:
1) Large school vs small school (both have pluses and minuses e.g. class sizes, facilities, clubs, subjects);
2) School till 11 or all the way up to 18;
3) Location(depends where you are going to live, whether you are going to buy or rent).

expat96 Mon 25-Jun-18 14:11:39

small non selective in NW3: Devonshire House, the Academy, North Bridge

I don't know about the Academy but, the last time I checked, Devonshire House and North Bridge House do explicitly assess the children during the 7+ process.

laptopdisaster Mon 25-Jun-18 14:32:39

I don't know about the Academy but, the last time I checked, Devonshire House and North Bridge House do explicitly assess the children during the 7+ process.

yes but they tend to be people's backup schools so easier to get into

Confusedmamma44 Mon 25-Jun-18 19:03:01

Thank-you so much Henrietta for your much needed advice.

Confusedmamma44 Mon 25-Jun-18 19:03:27

Thank-you! Much appreciated

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in