Talk

Advanced search

Trinity Primary Academy Bounds Green school rewievs

(9 Posts)
paulina7 Sat 09-Jun-18 06:20:45

I recently moved to Bounds Green area and applied for my 4 year old daughter for a reception. As i didnt have time and doesnt know the area, choose an outstanding and closest Trinity Primary Academy. Does anyone has any informations or experience with this school? I am reconsidering now St Martins of Pores...

OP’s posts: |
laptopdisaster Sat 09-Jun-18 12:06:54

Isn't that the one that was called Nightingale and had an awful reputation so they changed its name..... on the road towards Wood Green? I may be wrong.

paulina7 Sat 09-Jun-18 12:20:34

Omg just checked now. I think it was! Never heard about it. Am I allow to apply for the waiting list in a different school even I got this one as my first preference?

trumpetoftheswan Sat 09-Jun-18 19:17:23

It was called Nightingale, then changed its name six years or so ago.

Go and have a look round OP. Speak to the head. Don't make a decision based on some rumour about an 'awful reputation' from years ago.

paulina7 Sat 09-Jun-18 19:21:22

Yes you are right. I’m going for an open day and see all the teachers and pupils. Also it’s got outstanding ofsted report so should means something. But in the same time I’ll email other School things m thinking about, so they could put me on a waiting list.

laptopdisaster Sat 09-Jun-18 20:40:42

Yes I don't mean dismiss it, just useful always to know the background.

ourkidmolly Sat 09-Jun-18 20:42:20

St M of P is a sweet little school. I'd go for that one myself.

paulina7 Sun 10-Jun-18 09:31:56

Does your child goes there?

BlackCanary Thu 28-Jun-18 14:38:36

Hi, my son is in Year 2 at Trinity and my youngest will be starting nursery this September. Yes, it had a rocky time a few years back, but it's been under new leadership and in that time has achieved the well deserved Outstanding from Ofsted. My son(and our family) are super happy there. They encourage a love of learning and are great at keeping the kids challenged whatever their ability. The school community is wonderfully diverse (we just had an International Food Fair last week, the donations were incredible!) and welcoming. Do visit and see for yourself and if you have any specific questions about the school, I'd be happy to answer them. I know how stressful this time can be-when we applied for my eldest, the school was in 'Requires Improvement' but we liked it so much we put it as a choice above other local schools. Good luck and maybe I'll see you at the welcome meeting in a couple of weeks.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in