Talk

Advanced search

Dundee

(4 Posts)
Kopretina07 Sat 02-Jun-18 08:55:39

Hi there. We are relocating to Dundee. As the job is on the west side of Dundee I was wondering if there is someone who would advise on good schools or which ones to avoid.
We would prefer living outside of Dundee. Do you please have any advice? Is for example Coupar Angus a nice place to live? Thanks in advance for any opinions smile.

OP’s posts: |
FairfaxAikman Sat 02-Jun-18 09:00:11

Personally I'd avoid Coupar Angus - sod all to do an the chicken factory stinks.

Loads of people commute from NE Fife so personally I'd look at Tayport/Newport/Wormit. Gauldry is a bit more rural but lovely.

On the Dundee side I'd look at Broughty Ferry or in the Carse of Gowrie.

lettuceWrap Sat 02-Jun-18 09:33:03

NE Fife, in the catchment of either Madras (st Andrews), or Bell Baxter (Cuper, Fife), high schools would be my advice if you don’t want to live in Dundee... high school is will happen faster than you think, believe me, so it’s best to consider that too, before deciding on which primary school!

Commuting time to work in Dundee can be much shorter over the bridge from Fife, than from areas outside Dundee in tayside/Angus/Perthshire similar distances away.

I’d personally avoid Tayport PS, mostly because it’s the worst local school in terms of it’s outdoor space, and the village is a nightmare to drive through (or park in).

Schools such as Newport, Wormit, Balmerino, and a little further afield, Dunbog, Balmulo (there are more , that’s just a selection!) all have beautiful settings will large playing fields and outdoor spaces which are used a lot for “outdoor learning”.

Kopretina07 Sat 02-Jun-18 14:11:06

Thanks a lot. We live in a small village now, the school has only about 100 pupils, very friendly and very good. I would like to move my son to similar environment to help him with the relocation.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in