Talk

Advanced search

Get £10 off your first lesson with Mumsnet-Rated tutoring service Tutorful here

Move to UK on March 2019

(7 Posts)
Janicemetero Wed 14-Feb-18 09:04:45

Hi Everyone,

Our family decide move to UK on March 2019, we have 2 kids, 8 years old and 4 years old. So when they move to UK, they will be 9 and 5. We would like to found a house near London, travel to London expect around 1 hours, 1.5 hours is the most, good primary school and secondary school, country side, more park and good environment for kids.

We are considering few places, Watford, Barnet, Woking, Guildford. Any any idea?

We plan to rent a house with 2 to 3 beds room, target £1000-1300 pcm, is it possible?

Many thanks!

Janice

Leiaorganashair Fri 16-Feb-18 10:39:26

I would be amazed if you could rent a house for £1300 in those areas. You could probably get a 2 bed flat just within that budget if you hunt around. From a schools perspective Warford has grammar schools, if you're planning on staying until secondary level. All my friends in Guildford seem to send their kids to private schools, not an area I know personally though.

LIZS Fri 16-Feb-18 18:10:11

Watford is probably the least expensive of those areas but you are unlikely to get a property within budget.

LIZS Fri 16-Feb-18 18:17:06

And as your children will already be of school age your choice of school may be limited to wherever there is a space - look up In Year applications process in each area.

trinity0097 Sat 17-Feb-18 16:56:51

Have you considered Farnborough? On a mainline train route into London and houses are cheaper there.

Mary21 Sat 17-Feb-18 18:25:04

Friend of Dp moved to Bracknell ,much happier their than less nice part London. Where in London will you work? If city maybe look at Chelmsford.

azagurygaby Wed 21-Feb-18 12:31:36

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: