Talk

Advanced search

Teacher gifts

(10 Posts)
banannabreadforme Sun 11-Feb-18 14:00:29

My 4 yr old son is changing schools as we are moving to a new area. Any suggestions for gifts for his female teachers? They had bodyshop sets for xmas
Thank you smile

MiaowTheCat Sun 11-Feb-18 14:19:42

Coffee chain gift card and travel mug is one of my usual go-tos.

BringOnTheScience Sun 11-Feb-18 17:25:12

Class set of Pritt sticks! Never enough glue sticks in school.

Gekkoforprimeminister Sun 11-Feb-18 17:28:50

A picture he's drawn and a lovely letter saying thank you and that you appreciate the work they've put in. Don't spend your money!!

Fwend Sun 11-Feb-18 17:41:16

Email the Head (CC them in!) and say what a fab job they've done. Trust me, they'll be happier with that than a vat of Cristal.

MrsHathaway Sun 11-Feb-18 18:08:47

I agree that a gift to the class would be nice. Pritt Sticks if your budget is healthy; otherwise a large ("read to the class" size) story book with a suitable inscription.

But yes WORDS.

reluctantbrit Sun 11-Feb-18 18:13:01

I agree, a nice letter. For a class gift our Reception and Year 1 teacher love board games.

banannabreadforme Mon 12-Feb-18 15:41:10

Thank you ladies smile

Woolvee Wed 14-Feb-18 10:32:36

I'm with Fwend - email the Head. Plus MrsHathaway's idea of a whole-class book with nice inscription.

Olim Wed 14-Feb-18 13:10:54

As a teacher, I am touched by presents bought by children or their parents, but would prefer they didn't. However, buying resources for the classroom is a much nicer gesture, as it helps the teacher and all the other children in the class.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now