Talk

Advanced search

Get £10 off your first lesson with Mumsnet-Rated tutoring service Tutorful here

Would I be that parent

(8 Posts)
Drinaballerina Sun 11-Feb-18 08:38:53

Off to see the teacher next week over some specific issues dd is having with a child in her class. This child has now been behaving badly for 2 years and none of the schools sanctions seem to make the slighest difference. 2 parents have already moved their children over the schools inhability to deal with the bullying, with 2 more currently looking to move.

Is it ok to mention to the teacher that a lot of the parents are unhappy with how tge school is dealing with this (the parents are happy for me to), or does that make me a bit of a busybody if I mention it?

irvineoneohone Sun 11-Feb-18 08:42:02

I would just stick with the issues my own child is suffering.

UnimaginativeNameChange1 Sun 11-Feb-18 08:42:06

Keep it factual and specific and about your own child. If other parents have concerns about their own child they need to contact school themselves.

The teacher is a human being and effectively telling them that "we all talk about you and think you're shit" won't help. If the behaviour is that bad, the teacher knows.

AmberTopaz Sun 11-Feb-18 08:44:03

It would be a more powerful message to the school if the other parents made a separate appointment to discuss their concerns.

Drinaballerina Sun 11-Feb-18 08:46:47

That's what I thought, and I want to be clear, we don't blame her, we blame the school. They're all planning to raise it at parents evening anyway, I was just thinking that perhaps giving them a bit of a heads up would be helpful (rather than being confronted by 10 angry parents later in the term).

irvineoneohone Sun 11-Feb-18 08:51:09

If other parents can wait until later in the term, then they are not worried enough as you do? If it's really affecting my child, I wouldn't wait.

Drinaballerina Sun 11-Feb-18 08:57:49

Mine is a specific issue which came up last week rather than the general bad behaviour, otherwise i would be waiting too.

headinhands Sun 11-Feb-18 09:13:25

If they're that angry they'd be contacting the school themselves now. If you mention other parents it makes it look like you're trying to bolster your complaint which will weaken your point. Also I've known this to happen and the teacher approaches the other parents to find they don't feel as strongly as you claimed so makes you look like a trouble maker. Keep it about your child.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: