Talk

Advanced search

Get £10 off your first lesson with Mumsnet-Rated tutoring service Tutorful here

Waiting List Reception Sheen Mount, Richmond

(6 Posts)
WarrenA Wed 07-Feb-18 21:49:50

Hello all, my son started Reception at East Sheen Primary School in the Borough of Richmond upon Thames last September. We are very happy with the school but we just moved to a new place which is in the catchment area for Sheen Mount Primary school. Walking to ESPS has been hard, specially in winter. Can’t trust public transport as Upper Richmond road can be very busy in rush hours. I put his name down for Sheen Mount and he is now in the waiting list. Initially he as 8th in the list, now he’s 10th. Anyone has experience on how long it takes to be called being the 8th or 10th in the list? My other child will start Reception next year and I’m thinking of applying for Sheen Mount and hopefully, my older one will move down in the waiting list. Experiences to share? Thank you!

sanam2010 Wed 07-Feb-18 21:57:32

it can take quite long because whenever someone else moves closer to the school than you are, they overtake you. It is irrelevant how long you have been on the list, it is all about who is closest to the school when the spot opens up. So you could be there for a few more years.

Hersetta427 Wed 07-Feb-18 22:29:17

Depends on the size of the school. My daughters school is a 2 form intake and there has,t been 10 children leave from her year since she joined and she is in yr 6 now. To be honest I wouldn't hold out much hope.

WanderlustHenpeck Fri 09-Feb-18 02:00:45

I expect they have a few children leave at the end if Year 2 to move on to 7+ prep schools, but I wouldn't imagine it will be as many as 10. There is probably a fair bit of movement within the community too which will open up spaces.

Rainbowsandflowers78 Fri 09-Feb-18 02:16:09

If you get your younger child into mount sheen surely he’ll rocket up the waiting list places to the top by virtue of being a sibling?

Rainbowsandflowers78 Fri 09-Feb-18 02:16:40

Your older one that is.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: