Talk

Advanced search

How long does MyMaths take?

(3 Posts)
DorothyL Tue 06-Feb-18 23:07:03

Ds is in year 6, low to middle ability in maths. Class guidelines say 45 minutes a week on maths homework.
He was set three lots of MyMaths homework - volume of cuboids, order of operations and long division. Firstly it seems odd that the topics are so different in the same homework. Secondly, could your child do this in 45 minutes? It works out as 42 questions, so nearly one a minute.

DorothyL Wed 07-Feb-18 06:04:31

ifIonlyknew Fri 09-Feb-18 13:33:27

very much depends on the homework. if it is beat the clock then invariably it results in a tantrum for 20 minutes before they start it.... but in reality my children are lucky because they are good at maths and find it easy. their my maths usually takes about 10 minutes max for a "set" of it so if they had 3 lots in one weekend then it would be about half an hour. HOWEVER it does depend on the homework set. if a teacher is setting work to challenge a child then they can do harder work than their year group, our school never do this which is why it is quick for my children but I can see how this could make it much much slower if it is working above their level.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: