Talk

Advanced search

Reddiford School / Alpha Prep / St Martins / Haberdashers

(4 Posts)
saj2015 Tue 06-Feb-18 01:43:24

I’m looking to apply to Habs Boys for 5+ for my son but unsure where to send my son too before. My son is 3 so it would fit well into a nursery and Reddiford School is an option. Do these schools allow you to gain a place in nursery at 3+ and then apply to Haberdashers at 5+ and move on or are you commited to them to 11+ or 13+. If I want my son to go to Haberdashers at 5+ where should he go first? Can he go to St Martins or Reddiford and I apply for 5+ and if gets in - great and if not keep applying again for 7+ and then 11+ and keep him where he is. Any advice would be welcomed!

OP’s posts: |
buzzingmama Tue 06-Feb-18 13:48:44

Are you referring to st martins or northwood or mill hill?

pasta261 Sat 24-Feb-18 20:51:42

Most independent schools would expect you to commit to them till 11+ or 13+ and would not help to prepare your child to sit exams for rival schools. Suggest you decide on one place for primary then they will have lots of options and be well prepared for 11/13+. The schools will help you with this process and Habs may not be the right school for your child at 11 anyway

Ma518 Sat 24-Feb-18 22:46:03

I know a case where the head told a parent 'If I have to write a report on your child for 5+, then consider his place gone' shock.
No school will prep for 5+ and it's disliked, but yes it's done. You need to think about impact to DS at current school if he doesn't get in.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in