Churchfield primary school southwoodford

(5 Posts)
alagesan Fri 08-Dec-17 12:51:06

Hi,
i'm planning to move near by Churchfields infant school in south woodford to get admission in that school for may son(Reception Sep 2019).

My question when i see in school website or Gov site says the age from 5-7, is that means they dont have reception and will start from year 1 only?

if then when i should i apply in council? for all schools in redbridge i will apply for reception 2019, for this this school should i apply in same time?

Thanks

OP’s posts: |
Abitofaproblem Fri 08-Dec-17 13:22:53

The school has both nursery and reception year, you apply at the same time as other primaries in Redbridge.

alagesan Fri 08-Dec-17 13:46:26

@Abitofaproblem

Thanks for your quick reply.this makes sense.
in case if i send my son to Nursury other school still i can plan Reception which is controlled by council correct?

or should i join nusury itself to confirm the place in Reception?

if he can go for nursery any school then i can move beginning of 2019 to near by school as
he is eligible for reception sep 19(Dob Mar 2015) and apply for reception via Redbrifge council.

please confirm.

OP’s posts: |
Hersetta427 Fri 08-Dec-17 14:08:43

yes you can go to any school for nursery year - it does not give you a right to a place in reception.

For your reception place you need to apply to the council by 15 January 2019.

Twofishfingers Fri 08-Dec-17 17:23:32

Just to be absolutely clear - going to Churchfield's school nursery does NOT give you an advantage over a child who did not go to the school nursery.

Their nursery is brilliant though!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in