Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

The new Wetherby Kensington school - is it good?

(4 Posts)
Hamptons99 Sat 04-Nov-17 23:20:47

Are there any mumsnet parents with boys who started at this new school in September or have friends there? It seems a great option for our son but I wonder if the new school so far is living up to the reputation of the established Notting Hill pre prep. I would appreciate any info.
Thank you.

Hamptons99 Wed 08-Nov-17 21:09:59

bump

DRDG Tue 14-Nov-17 22:41:46

I understand they will be following the Ofsted curiculum, unlike Wetherby in Notting Hill, and other independent schools, who are under the independent schools inspection. Apparently there s is something they have to do for a minimum of three years until they achieve ofsted outstanding and have a certain track record, or something along those lines. I am unsure of what it means for the actual teaching.

PinkSnail Wed 15-Nov-17 18:45:13

All Early years settings, including Wetherby pre prep in notting hill, use 'ofsted' curriculum i.e. the National EYFS framework. That is probably all they are referring to.
I can't imagine you can go too wrong with that school given the Alpha plus group's success.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now