Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone have experience of the website Education.com

(6 Posts)
martellandginger Wed 18-Oct-17 09:26:51

I've been using the free allowance time on Education.com and I really like it and my DC loves it too.

It's an American website which is making me a bit nervous about parting with money.

Does anyone know if it's easy to cancel after a year? or is it like health clubs that keep taking your money until you write a dozen letters etc etc. Any views welcome as all I can find is positive stuff online. tia

Arkadia Wed 18-Oct-17 09:30:24

Don't know it at all, but I would suggest you looked at khan academy which is entirely free and devoid of any advertising (and it is FAN-TAS-TIC) ;)
Khanacademy.org (I think... Otherwise Google it. I never enter the address because Thier page is always open here ;) )

Ricekrispie22 Wed 18-Oct-17 16:32:44

Ive been a a non-paying user of education.com for just over a year and agree with you that it is brilliant for so many things. Just such a pain about the monthly allowance of downloads. I'm not going to pay to get more though, so I can't help answer your question. However I would like to recommend signing up to teachitprimary.co.uk. You have to pay for access to everything and it's not as big as education.com, but there is still plenty of absolutely fantastic UK resources available for the non-paying user.

martellandginger Wed 18-Oct-17 17:31:26

I've just tried my boy on Khan academy but he says its too much like school work and asked for the education.com games. Will try teachitprimary as it sounds like it might be British? and maybe linked to curriculum stuff?

Ricekrispie22 Wed 18-Oct-17 21:23:58

I reckon your son will same the same about Teachitprimary then, but you're right, it is heavily linked to NC.

Ricekrispie22 Wed 18-Oct-17 21:30:00

If he's after education.com style games but you're after similar linked to British Nc, then take a look at mathsframe.co.uk. Most require payment but still a fair number of freebies.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now