Talk

Advanced search

prep school

(3 Posts)
peppermint79 Wed 11-Oct-17 08:46:53

I am sure this has been asked before but I be really interested in views around independent prep school vs state schools for primary.

I'm struggling between thinking that the Early Years Foundation is perhaps the most important point in education vs a good local primary where my son will have an opportunity to make local Friends. Logistically the local primary is also easier to get to. In theory this name is shorter days for him and more family time for us.

Also does anyone have insight into orley Farm school in South Harrow.

Many thanks

Ginmummy1 Wed 11-Oct-17 09:54:00

If you do a bit of searching you'll find plenty of threads where parents are asking for advice on whether to send their child to private or state school. Normally the answer is that it depends on what the individual schools are like, what the child is like, your priorities eg academic achievement, extra curricular, friends locally, childcare arrangements, whether your child will be aiming for a selective secondary etc.

As for your question about a specific school, you'd get more traffic if you posted about that separately, with the name of the school in the title of the thread.

peppermint79 Wed 11-Oct-17 11:10:05

thank you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now