Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Ed Psych assessment: will my Exp be there?

(6 Posts)
NoCryLilSoftSoft Tue 10-Oct-17 21:59:36

I'm hoping someone knows.

My son is being assessed by the Ed Psych in school tomorrow and I have to go in too. Exp doesn't see DCs at all. However this is a new school in September and they required his signature for the Ed Psych referral. Previous school didn't involve exp in anything. It has just dawned on me tonight that I might walk into a room tomorrow and be faced with him. We have no contact at all. The last time we were in the same room he was verbally abusive (witnessed by social worker) and I was a mess. There is nothing he can contribute to the Ed Psych appointment. He doesn't see DC and has no idea what his issues are let alone how to deal with them.

prh47bridge Wed 11-Oct-17 00:55:28

No-one can say whether or not he will be there. Does he have PR?

LootTheRoom Wed 11-Oct-17 02:30:05

Contact the school in the morning and ask if they have invited your ex partner to attend a meeting. It is likely that they have asked for his input but knowing that you are separated it is unlikely that they would spring having you in the same room. I would explain the situation to the new school.

NoCryLilSoftSoft Wed 11-Oct-17 09:59:07

Sorry, I fell asleep last night. Thanks for responses. I called the school. Exp is coming as far as they know but they have given him a later appointment than mine. Thank goodness.

YellowFish32 Wed 11-Oct-17 19:15:28

That's a relief, I hope it went well.

NoCryLilSoftSoft Wed 11-Oct-17 19:24:56

Thanks yellowfish

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now