Talk

Advanced search

Hanford School vs Knighton House

(4 Posts)
threekidsonabeach Mon 02-Oct-17 13:33:06

Does anyone have direct experience of either of these two girls schools in Dorset? I'm looking at both schools for my DD (possibly boarding next September 2018, Year 6). I'll be visiting both schools myself soon but was wondering if in the meantime anyone could shed light on any significant differences in ethos/vibe/quality of teaching staff etc. as on paper they look rather similar: extremely friendly, small, great academic results but very nurturing. Thank you.

honor1979 Tue 28-Nov-17 17:02:11

I have one daughter at Hanford at the moment and another who will undoubtedly go in due course. The only problem with Hanford is that it spoils every other school for you - I can't find a senior school I like even vaguely as much. It's not perfect but the setting, the education, the freedom, the innocence of the place make it quite magical.

On paper, Hanford & Knighton are similar but visiting both will tell you more. I think the number who board at the latter is low. Hanford is v much a boarding school though they are v flexible.

Lowdoorinthewal1 Tue 28-Nov-17 19:27:07

For a boarder I would go for Hanford as it is very focussed on boarding.

Morgan2006 Sun 03-Dec-17 21:06:57

I looked at both Knighton and Hanford and after much deliberating chose Knighton House for my daughters although now I wish I had chosen Hanford for various reasons. But if your daughter is sporty, definitely go for Hanford as sport is far superior at Hanford along with the riding which is very poor at Knighton.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now