Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Requests for pan details ignored by la

(17 Posts)
Masonj377 Wed 27-Sep-17 10:06:33

Hi

I have contacted our local admissions dept 3 times to request historical pan/ nor info for the year group we are appealing - every email sent is not replied,when I call i get mailbox as staff are busy.

I'm assuming I'm being ignored on purpose just unsure why

Cupcakegirl13 Wed 27-Sep-17 10:08:32

Do they have an admissions guide online for your LA ? Ours does and it has historical pan info

Masonj377 Wed 27-Sep-17 10:35:11

Thank you for your reply we do have a guide which shows how many are admitted each year but that is for new intakes. I ve asked for historical info on class sizes for year 3 fir the last 3 years to see if it has exceeded pan xx

prh47bridge Wed 27-Sep-17 17:46:51

You could try asking the school.

The admission authority (the school if it is a VA school or an academy, the LA if it is a community or VC school) must answer any questions you ask to help you prepare for your appeal. If they fail to do so you should raise this in the hearing and point out that their failure to comply with the Appeals Code has hindered your preparation.

Masonj377 Wed 27-Sep-17 18:03:18

Thank you they have sent the information today but for the wrong school 🙄😩 xx

AndNoneForGretchenWieners Wed 27-Sep-17 18:05:42

If you mark your request as a freedom of information disclosure they have 20 working days to answer it. If they don't you can complain to the Information Commissioner's Office - may be worth a try if there's enough time.

eddiemairswife Wed 27-Sep-17 18:33:03

Do you want the PAN or the actual numbers in the previous years. Usually the PAN stays the same, but the numbers in class may be more due to successful appeals or Fair Access Protocol.

prh47bridge Wed 27-Sep-17 19:17:28

You don't need to do this as an FoI request. That risks them taking the full 20 working days and distracts from the fact this is a request for an appeal. It could easily end up in the wrong process.

The OP has asked for PAN and number on roll for previous years. That is the information she needs.

Masonj377 Wed 27-Sep-17 20:55:06

prh is correct - they have sent me the info I requested but for the wrong school - at least they replied - hopefully they will send the correct info now xx
Thanks all x

Masonj377 Thu 28-Sep-17 09:42:10

The info I received was sent from FOI team - admissions are still ignoring my emails?

FOI says there was two year 3 appeals approved in 2015/16. I ve asked if they can obtain the dates the appeals were approved but I assume that that will be another small piece of information that helps with my appeal. I'm just not sure why admissions are ignoring my requests I think it's really unprofessional.

Herechickychicky Thu 28-Sep-17 09:45:31

Have you actually lodged an appeal?
Is there an appeals team that could help you?

Masonj377 Thu 28-Sep-17 10:14:08

My appeal is next week. Admissions are supposed to provide the information xx

PatriciaHolm Thu 28-Sep-17 10:34:50

If you don’t get the data on time, do ask the admissions authority rep at the appeal. You may well find they know, or can call someone quickly to find out - you’ll be amazed how quickly data can sometimes be produced if they are under pressure...

eddiemairswife Thu 28-Sep-17 10:57:06

Why do you need to know the dates of the previous two approved appeals?

Masonj377 Thu 28-Sep-17 11:02:20

Thank you xx I just wanted the dates to see how long they were above pan in the year group but that part wasn't overly essential xx

meditrina Sun 08-Oct-17 07:45:20

Did the information for the correct school turn up in time?

Masonj377 Sun 08-Oct-17 10:44:17

Hi
The info was received from the FOI dept the day before the hearing. However we lost at stage 1 so not sure how relevant overall the information actually was. Luckily we won at stage 2 xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now