Talk

Advanced search

Aquila magazine?

(6 Posts)
Longdistance Tue 26-Sep-17 20:43:16

Mil wants to subscribe dd (8) for the magazine.

Is it any good?

Dd is really interested in all subjects past and present, and is a brainbox really clever.

She picks stuff up easily, and reads til the cows come home.

Just after opinions on this magazine, or if there are any better ones/different one that are educational?

spanieleyes Tue 26-Sep-17 20:54:34

I think it's great! Lots of interesting articles, well researched and well presented. Say thanks to MIL and welcome with open arms!

irvineoneohone Tue 26-Sep-17 20:55:43

I personally don't know, but have seen good comments about it and recommendation on MN many times.
If it was me, I wouldn't hesitate. Have seen their website, and sound good to me, especially if you don't need to pay for it.

PerspicaciaTick Tue 26-Sep-17 20:57:47

The content is excellent and often ties into school topics. My DCs enjoyed it. The letters from readers are jaw-dropping though.

5BlueHydrangea Tue 26-Sep-17 21:13:15

I had this years ago for my eldest dd (now in her 20's). They were so good I saved them and now my other dd (7) enjoys them too. I think asking a grandparent for a subscription is an excellent idea...

My dd gets 'Whizz Pop Bang' magazine which is science based and Very good.

Longdistance Tue 26-Sep-17 22:12:37

Oh, that's so good to hear.

Mil didn't want to by dd toys or clothes as she has loads, so mil came up with this as an idea.

Btw, I love my mil, she's so cool ❤️

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now