Talk

Advanced search

About Lochinver House School

(14 Posts)
DeeKL Mon 11-Sep-17 21:10:59

We are considering sending my son to Lochinver House School in Potters Bar and would really appreciate any feedback about the school.
I would also welcome your suggestions for other good pre-prep or prep schools in north London.

Thanks

Roopachoo Sun 15-Oct-17 20:34:08

Bumping this up... reception place offered this week. Can anyone share their views on LHS?

Wallabyone Sun 15-Oct-17 21:02:39

I don't have personal experience, but we are local and I know people with sons who have been through the school. It has a strong reputation and those who have direct experience rate it. A friend, who is in education and sent her son there, describes it as being rather formal and stuffy, but said her son received a good education there. HTH.

userloadsofnumbers Sun 15-Oct-17 22:42:39

I have two boys currently at the school and they and we absolutely love it. Both my boys are thriving there. They are very happy going in every day and look forward to going back after the holidays. They have very different characters and strengths but the school seems to work and get the best out of both of them.

It's a great community too - the PTA are fab and the class reps really do bring the parents together and organise social events, send out reminders etc - I've found it a very supportive environment.

As I'm sure you're aware it goes to age 13 and therefore doesn't prepare for the 11+ which could be an issue in the future if you would like to try out for Dame Alice Owen, QE boys etc. Something to consider. HTH.

DeeKL Mon 16-Oct-17 11:48:30

Thank you all for your feedback.

Roopachoo Mon 16-Oct-17 18:28:40

Thanks for your feedback and userloadsofnumbers lovely to hear how happy your boys are. Is the head approachable if you are having problems? And how does the school deal with discipline/bullying?

Yes aware that 13+ is endorsed - not sure how old your boys are but do you feel that the school handles the process well?

Roopachoo Mon 16-Oct-17 20:48:29

userloadsofnumbers - just PM'd you.

DeeKL Tue 17-Oct-17 11:59:27

userloadsofnumbers thanks for your feedback. Really appreciate if you provide more details around how does the school deal with discipline/bullying ?

userloadsofnumbers Tue 17-Oct-17 12:50:14

Hi Roopachoo - replied to your PM

Dee - they seem to be pretty good at nipping any disruptive behaviour in the bud - it's certainly not something that has been an issue for us - my boys are still relatively young though.

Likewise - I've not been aware of any bullying so can't really say how it's dealt with. My eldest has only ever had one issue with another boy and I approached his teacher and it was dealt with straight away and they were separated the following year so my dealings with the school have always been very positive and I've found them to be very proactive.

Grumpyteens Tue 17-Oct-17 12:55:22

Userloads - Do they still wear shorts all year round? grin

userloadsofnumbers Tue 17-Oct-17 13:02:22

Lol no! Although if it was left to my youngest he would! grin

Grumpyteens Tue 17-Oct-17 13:24:47

Where do they send most of their boys to?

userloadsofnumbers Tue 17-Oct-17 13:32:58

www.lochinverhouse.com/futureschools

Hope this works

Grumpyteens Tue 17-Oct-17 14:32:51

Thanks User. They seem to send boys to a good range of schools and cover a decent range of ability groups.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: