Talk

Advanced search

School polo shirts that don't fade!

(8 Posts)
twolittleboysonetiredmum Sun 23-Jul-17 10:50:49

This may have been asked many times but I can't find the threads if so!
I have tried quite a few brands now and every one has faded badly. My children have to wear gold/yellow polo shirts. I've tried Asda, marks and spencer and Matalan. Am debating John Lewis next but they're quite a lot more expensive and I'm not sure they'll e worth it. Can anyone recommend anywhere?!

OP’s posts: |
twolittleboysonetiredmum Sun 23-Jul-17 10:53:16

Oh and Tesco, the ones that had the school badge on

MiaowTheCat Sun 23-Jul-17 11:24:40

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

twolittleboysonetiredmum Sun 23-Jul-17 13:24:07

I didn't think they were too pricey the Tesco badged ones. Until they shrivelled and faded to nothing! It's so frustrating as it's such a nice colour when new but looks bloody awful once washed out!

smellyboot Tue 01-Aug-17 19:07:28

John Lewis ones do fade but not as fast as Tesco!! They start as a rich gold colour at least and are quite thick quality compared to tesco

BlueChampagne Wed 02-Aug-17 13:19:53

We've had David Luke ones in pale blue which seem to have survived OK www.davidluke.com/schoolwear/polo-shirts

TheSnorkMaidenReturns Wed 02-Aug-17 13:35:20

What temperature and washing powder do you use? I use one without bleach and add bleach to wash whites, and normally wash polos at 30. We had a different colour (M&S) and they lasted OK.

Or possibly I have lower standards and as long as they were all the same colour I didn't care wink.

Allthebestnamesareused Fri 04-Aug-17 14:33:00

M&S gold ones didn't fade. But I always stick a colour catcher in any coloured washes and this helps because sometimes the discolouration is caused by dye from other clothes washing through them. By using a catcher it doesn't.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in