Advanced search

Decent iron in labels

(21 Posts)
MiaowTheCat Thu 29-Jun-17 13:39:28

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

OP’s posts: |
LilyDisney Thu 29-Jun-17 14:24:36

I've got stuck on you ones.

Got them for DD starting preschool last year and none have budged an inch.

Was a huge pack so plenty left for doing uniform in a few weeks. smile Also got stick on ones for water bottles etc and they've had loads of washes since September and also still stuck firm!

Kiwi32 Thu 29-Jun-17 14:28:11

lily can you stick those straight on fabric or are they meant to be stuck on clothing labels?

LilyDisney Thu 29-Jun-17 15:34:13

kiwi32 - they go straight on the fabric. I've put them in neck and waist bands. Sory of melt in a tiny bit, so they're really really on there.

Super cute patterns too. smile The shoe labels stay very well too. I got a value pack things, let me go get the link for you. X

LilyDisney Thu 29-Jun-17 15:47:12

I got this one:

www.stuckonyou.uk/classic-value-pack

Which is great as you get loads of the smaller labels which are perfect size for in clothing. And enough shoe labels and big labels for the stuff you need.

Also got a pack of prettier stick on ones that are a bit more eye catching for on her bag and water bottles etc just to make them easier for her to spot.

LilyDisney Thu 29-Jun-17 16:05:28

Ooh - just realised I have a referral code - please use if it asks xx

smellyboot Thu 29-Jun-17 19:33:09

'My name tag' are awesome too

Bubblysqueak Thu 29-Jun-17 19:35:02

I've always used my name tags. I also use their labels for drinks bottles etc and they have survived the dishwasher hundreds of times.

JDSTER Thu 29-Jun-17 19:37:51

I use easy2name and they last a whole school year generally, through washing machine and tumble dryer. They're the ones you stick on and iron a couple of times to fix them in place. I haven't tried any others

Kiwi32 Thu 29-Jun-17 19:41:26

Thanks lily! Will def use that code if I order smile

SweetPeaPods Thu 29-Jun-17 19:41:28

Oh following closely. Ds1 starts school in sept and no way am I sewing name labels!

RedSandYellowSand Thu 29-Jun-17 20:11:17

My name tags have survived a year of washing and tumbling - and since the kids only have 2 sets of uniform which get washed after every wear, they have been well tested.
Sticky ones have survived a year of lunch boxes /bottles too but only hand washed

SouthWestNorthSouth Fri 30-Jun-17 08:28:58

Oh, perfect timing. Just bought DD's secondary uniform and need to think labels. Looking at both DC's cubs/scouts badges (falling off in droves) anything that requires sewing on Will.Not.Last.

Dlpdep Fri 30-Jun-17 08:32:14

Mynametags - still going strong on the jumper 2 years later!

Ginmummy1 Fri 30-Jun-17 09:06:37

Most of these comments refer to stick-in labels. The OP already uses stick-in labels, but was asking for advice on IRON ON labels.

Sorry, OP, I have no recommendations to offer - but hopefully future replies will be on topic smile

RedSandYellowSand Fri 30-Jun-17 10:16:56

My name tags do iron on which we use on clothes.
And stick on which we use on plastic Tec.
In fact they do a mixed pack.
The iron in ones have survived a year of washing and tumbling.

SnowBallsAreHere Fri 30-Jun-17 10:21:33

SouthWestNorthSouth Fri 30-Jun-17 10:48:15

Snowballs would you like to re-sew all my DCs badges then please grin

SnowBallsAreHere Fri 30-Jun-17 10:57:04

LilyDisney Fri 30-Jun-17 11:15:27

@Ginmummy1 I was talking about iron on and stick on.

I have both types from Stuck on You and none of them have budged at all over a year of using and washing. Not lost any colour or anything either.

missl1 Thu 14-Sep-17 13:33:34

The stick on labels from Stuck on You, which you can allegedly attach to the care label, don't even survive one wash. The iron on ones are OK on some fabrics but not others. Utter rubbish. I would definitely not recommend. Does anyone have any suggestions for alternatives?

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in