Talk

Advanced search

Cambridge primary schools

(7 Posts)
user1496965818 Fri 09-Jun-17 01:03:21

I am thinking of moving to Cambridge and wonder which primary schools are small and nurturing for a shy and less confident 6yo who doesn't like crowds...

BlueChampagne Fri 09-Jun-17 12:48:18

Come and post in MN Local Cambridge. Will you be in Cambridge city or one of the necklace villages?

User12345678912345 Fri 09-Jun-17 16:29:44

University of Cambridge primary is a lovely school. It's 3 form entry, but is very nurturing and feels cosy, welcoming and friendly. Sure your 6 yr old would love it if they could get a place (it's oversubscribed like many Cambridge schools) Good luck smile

BringOnTheScience Fri 09-Jun-17 18:02:10

Primaries tend to be large in Cambridge itself. If small is important then you'd really need to be looking at the villages.

Cambridge is v v expensive for housing and being near a good school adds even more to the price.

Hersetta427 Mon 12-Jun-17 09:41:40

You will be limited to what schools actually have a place. I would contact the council as they will hold a list of vacancies and go from there.

Enb76 Mon 12-Jun-17 09:46:53

Which bit of Cambridge are you thinking of moving to? I'm just outside Cambridge and my daughter is at an oversubscribed primary even with opening of the University primary which took a fair amount of the intake. Most of the primaries are fairly large as the population is growing exponentially without the the infrastructure. My daughter's school has gone up from three class intake to four and the village is looking to build a new primary school to take the the rising numbers.

Biscuitsneeded Wed 14-Jun-17 20:23:05

St Luke's is small and nurturing. Be careful though. What might feel right for a shy 4 year old might not be right by the time they are older. Bigger schools offer more possibilities in terms of finding like-minded friends.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now