Talk

Advanced search

Ks1 results

(18 Posts)
user1483972886 Sat 03-Jun-17 08:37:23

When will our school be able to tell us how DC has done in their Ks1 exams? When will the national results be available?

Imfinehowareyou Sat 03-Jun-17 08:42:18

You usually get an extra sheet in with the school report.

mrz Sat 03-Jun-17 08:51:16

Schools don't report KS1 test results you will need to ask if you really want to know.

CountryCaterpillar Sat 03-Jun-17 08:54:57

Our school didn't report sats results. I didn't ask.

MrsKCastle Sat 03-Jun-17 08:58:08

The pass mark will be released to schools on Monday, at the moment teachers will know what the children's score was bit not whether it meets expected levels.

Schools don't have to report the test results unless you ask, but some will choose to include it with the report. However, the test result on its own doesn't mean much. It's the teacher assessment which matters.

catkind Sat 03-Jun-17 09:06:16

Our school put in their reports teacher assessment and test result alongside it where applicable, but not the actual scores just a broad "working towards/at standard/greater depth" based on their test scores.
You can ask for the numerical scores if you want to know them. I did, just out of curiosity. Can't actually remember the numbers now...

Imfinehowareyou Sat 03-Jun-17 09:20:00

I was thinking of KS2 results blush

Feenie Sat 03-Jun-17 10:33:08

Our school put in their reports teacher assessment and test result alongside it where applicable, but not the actual scores just a broad "working towards/at standard/greater depth" based on their test scores

There isn't a greater depth test score. The tests don't cover greater depth.

The final teacher assessment (using the terms working towards working at /working in greater depth) has to be reported to you by the end of the year, OP.

catkind Sat 03-Jun-17 11:44:31

I assume they made up some boundary to give us an idea if they were just about meeting standard or completely nailing it Feenie. Unless I've remembered wrong.

Feenie Sat 03-Jun-17 12:30:08

'Made up' is bang on! A high score in the tests just means they're a very good 'expected'. Evidence for greater depth has to come from books.

catkind Sat 03-Jun-17 13:42:26

Didn't realise the tests actually didn't contain material that would be considered greater depth, though I did know there wasn't an official threshold. Given the tests were the most interesting (read challenging) thing all year according to DS, I don't know what they were awarding GD on for teacher assessment either. Would explain why he was saying he was bored anyway.

user1483972886 Sun 04-Jun-17 06:26:32

I did not realize there was no measurement of greater depth in the exams...

mrz Sun 04-Jun-17 06:58:12

The tests are intended as a piece of evidence not as a measure

Blinkyblink Sun 04-Jun-17 07:03:36

Have they already done the tests?
Mine go to an outstanding school, but no word here about sats. I'm pleased but bit alarmed the whole things passed by without comment.

mrz Sun 04-Jun-17 07:57:43

All tests were completed last month. In KS1 they really don't warrant comment. KS1 are teacher assessed and this is what us reported.

CountryCaterpillar Sun 04-Jun-17 09:31:04

Blinks please be very pleased it passed without comment. Ours used to do it that way but with becoming an academy is full of revision booklets and all sorts and I don't like it.

PippaFawcett Sun 04-Jun-17 09:33:52

We didn't get any information from DD's school, but some parents asked and were given their child's results.

catkind Sun 04-Jun-17 12:33:22

DS didn't know he was doing a test, but told us about the "special puzzle books" he'd enjoyed ... in the SATs period, with the wall displays covered up...

School did hold a meeting beforehand to reassure parents about that and new NC levels - and basically to tell us the staff didn't approve of the whole business. They gave us some example SAT test questions to do grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now