Talk

Advanced search

Can you share any class reward system ideas?

(9 Posts)
Missanneshirley Wed 31-May-17 18:49:16

Hi! I'm moving into a new stage next year (equivalent of year 3) and would like to change my reward system. Currently use dojo points and i do like them but am bored!
Does anyone use or do anyone's children work with anything interesting/ original/ wonderful that I could poach? Many thanks!

2014newme Wed 31-May-17 19:34:23

My kids love dojos!
When as a class they hit their dojo target they get a movie and hot chocolate or a classroom disco. They love both of these.

jamdonut Wed 31-May-17 21:47:44

We dropped Dojos pretty quickly! They were an absolute faff.
We do a variety of rewards, resulting in a "dip in the box", where they get their choice of a small toy or notebook or gel pen etc. They love to do that.
Nothing special, sorry.

PurpleDaisies Wed 31-May-17 21:49:38

Raffle tickets for all sorts of things (effort, being kind, good work etc) then choose one at the end of the week. That person gets a prize.

MamaSloth Thu 01-Jun-17 21:25:35

I do dojo points and then have a star of the week who has the most points and they get to sit on a special cushion and a special sticker. The table with the most dojo points is table of the week and they get trophies for their desks and to do show and tell. I then choose about 10 kids for other rewards like star writer, speller, artist etc etc and they get a special sticker and to put their trophy on the wall. As a whole class, every week we round the whole class dojo points to the nearest 100 and then divide by 100 and they get that number of letter towards different class treats. They pull letters out of a bag and have to stick them over words and when the whole word is complete, they get that as a treat. Hope that makes sense!

CruCru Sun 04-Jun-17 21:58:55

A friend taught in a class where they had a compliments jar. Each child had to write something nice about each of the other children in the class on a slip of paper, which went into a named jar.

Then, whenever a child did something pleasing, they could pick out a slip from their compliments jar.

It may be worth checking that they do all write nice things though.

Missanneshirley Tue 06-Jun-17 22:43:56

Thank you all!

AngelicaSchuylerChurch Wed 07-Jun-17 08:25:09

Paper chain - add a link for individual rewards and when it reaches the floor or across the room the class get a collective reward.

MiaowTheCat Wed 07-Jun-17 13:03:11

Took me half a term from DD1 starting school to realise she wasn't wittering on about "dodo points"

I used to do raffle tickets for a weekly dip in the tat bag/reward box.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now