Talk

Advanced search

Best London places to live - good range of primary schools

(4 Posts)
bingbongbinglybonglyboo Wed 31-May-17 00:02:38

Moving back to the UK after several years overseas, need to find schools for primary age children for this Sept and don't know London very well. Will be commuting to Bank. Where should I be looking - in terms of areas I thought Notting Hill, South Ken, Chiswick, Richmond, Clapham/Balham or Greenwich simply based on tube lines but I have no school knowledge. Am guessing we've missed the boat on state primary schools in those areas as they'd be oversubscribed? What are some schools / areas we should look at? DC will go into years 1&3. Thank you!

RoccoW14 Wed 31-May-17 09:06:05

I believe that state schools won't allocate a place until you have an address in the UK. You can call schools now to find out if there are any spaces currently available, but that could change between now and September.

Alwaysfrank Wed 31-May-17 16:24:24

Richmond borough might be a good place to look. There are lots of good primary schools and typically a lot of movement with people moving away, returning expats etc.

KitNCaboodle Fri 02-Jun-17 23:57:47

I was going to suggest Richmond too although you may struggle when it comes to secondary school.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now