Talk

Advanced search

How to thank the school?

(10 Posts)
Mummychoochoo3 Thu 25-May-17 15:23:44

Hello everyone,
I am looking for ideas to say thank you to my daughters primary school. They have been so supportive during a family illness over the last 9months. The family workers and especially her reception class teachers have been amazing. She is now moving to a new school as we've moved home and I just wanted to make a nice gesture if possible.
Thanks

fuzzyfozzy Thu 25-May-17 15:26:49

Nice cakes / biscuits for the staff rooms and a thoughtful card.

marmaladegranny Thu 25-May-17 15:44:50

We bought some books for the school library when our last one left primary, back in the 90s - in consultation with staff of course...plus a card. All was very well received

Hoppinggreen Thu 25-May-17 16:03:06

We gave some vouchers for a local bookshop when DD left her Primary school

Astro55 Thu 25-May-17 16:10:14

Buy some games the class can share - depends on age - but most board games have missing pieces or are out of date

MollyHuaCha Thu 25-May-17 16:16:04

I'm a teacher. The nicest things I ever received were letters/cards with a few sentences to show appreciation. Hand made cards or gifts from children are also lovely.

Mummychoochoo3 Thu 25-May-17 17:00:02

Thanks for the ideas. My 3 dc will love making handmade cards. Books sound great. I will look into it

RainbowsAndUnicorn Sat 27-May-17 11:14:02

Books are good but schools tend to have lots, educational games like Orchard are very popular as can be used in many ways.

mrz Sat 27-May-17 11:17:29

You can never have too many books! A simple thank you is always appreciated. We cherish heartfelt notes from parents.

Emmarunsfastnow Tue 30-May-17 09:06:17

Staff room cakes and biscuits?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now