Talk

Advanced search

Redifford School or Northwood College for Girls

(9 Posts)
ZHS11 Mon 15-May-17 14:58:32

Hello mums,

My girl is studying year1 in a State school and I'm planning to move her to a private school in Harrow. I'm confused between Reddiford/Northwood. I need an advice on this and would really appreciate your feedback.
Thanks.

JanetBrown2015 Mon 15-May-17 19:33:38

Probably Reddiford as they will prepare her for schools better than Northwood College at 11+ if she's bright, likie NLCS and Habs. Either would be fine however. Just visit and decide which you prefer.

ZHS11 Tue 16-May-17 10:28:23

Many Thanks Janet

theclick Tue 16-May-17 16:28:46

I went to Northwood college. It was a lovely school, but I believe it's gone down the rankings. If you send her there, you have a guaranteed place in the secondary school you can use as a backup. My niece is at habs. She didn't get in without a lot of hard work on her mum's part and luckily she is quite smart.

I would say that for NLC or Habs you will need a tutor unless your child is gifted. I think it's also worth me flagging to you that none of the girls I knew who went to NLC were happy and felt pressured their entire school year. I don't know if that culture has changed but do think about if your child would fit in.

ZHS11 Thu 18-May-17 10:44:43

Thanks a lot for your feedback.

Ma518 Sat 20-May-17 22:09:02

ZHS11 are you looking to move your daughter at end of year or sit 7+ ? Can I ask why just these 2 schools ? Thanks

JanetBrown2015 Sun 21-May-17 09:36:53

(I had one daughter at NLCS from age 7 and one at Habs from 5 and they were not pressured or unhappy at all. They are both very good schools and indeed Northwood College is not a bad school either. Lots of girls do well there - it is just that the most academic girls probably try for those other schools).

Wendalicious Mon 22-May-17 12:30:19

I went to Northwood college many moons ago as now 41 me and my sis loved it! x

Dancergirl Mon 22-May-17 14:58:37

OP, look at St Helen's. Their junior school always used to be a bit weak compared to the senior school but it's all change now. They have a brand new junior school building and new junior Head.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now