Talk

Advanced search

School library software

(5 Posts)
BlaWearie Mon 15-May-17 07:34:09

Can anyone recommend school library software, preferably free or very inexpensive? Library sessions will probably be run by a variety of parent helpers, so needs to be fairly easy to administer.

scaevola Mon 15-May-17 07:52:01

What do you want the software to do?

And on what hardware do you want to run it?

BlaWearie Mon 15-May-17 09:44:49

Just track books in & out, record who has what, the usual. It's a very small school so windows or cloud.

Leeds2 Mon 15-May-17 10:23:05

I use Junior Librarian. Had it about 10 years now, so no idea what it is like from a cost point of view! Needs a lot of initial work to input the books (and borrowers!) onto the system, which isn't difficult just time consuming. Allows the children to use their thumb prints to borrow books, but each child also has an individual barcode as not all parents are happy to have their DC's thumb prints taken.
When we bought JL, I remember going to visit a local school who used it which was useful. I think we were put in touch by JL, and the school we visited got some sort of financial recompense for the visit. Might be worth asking!

PansyGiraffe Mon 15-May-17 14:53:12

We use Junior Librarian - it is very easy for parent helpers.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now