Talk

Advanced search

Rubber playground surface versus my laundry powers

(4 Posts)
MiaowTheCat Thu 11-May-17 19:07:22

Hopefully the title makes it a bit obvious here!

DD1's school has the kind of compacted flake rubber play surface for them to bounce off when they fall - only, well, to put it bluntly (and this is also verified by the ex teacher who had the foundation stage when it was fitted as well) - it's shite. Apparently it's always been shite and it's not improved with age... it's got nice craters in it where it's just caved in and the rubber gets warm and sheds all its black colouring in the slightest heat. With the weather this week the kids have been coming out doing a nice dress up job of chimney sweep kids and the like and it is absolutely destroying clothes at a mammoth rate.

No amount of soaking in that vanish scoopy stuff or the obscure programmes on my washing machine I've never bothered to delve into until now is shifting the bloody stuff and it's really at the point where it's getting ridiculous.

Anyone got any miracle cures to at least get stuff back to the kids looking their usual level of dishevelled instead on this bloody stuff? I've got another flipping year of it to go with DD2 on the same sodding playground come September (and she can make herself look filthy by getting out of bed at the best of times).

Allthebestnamesareused Fri 12-May-17 11:22:32

Have a try with the vanish gold gel liquid that has a roll on applicator. That seems to shift all sorts of stuff that a 15 year old boy manages to get on him - grass, bike chain gunk etc

MiaowTheCat Fri 12-May-17 13:24:51

Added to shopping list! I've saved yesterday's dress but the socks are lost to the battle

Didiplanthis Fri 12-May-17 17:52:32

I spray vanish on the worst bits leave for 40 min then soak the whole thing in warm.water with a scoop of vanish overnight, then wash on a long wash. The summer dresses have usually survived the term ( and they are pale yellow - just why ??? ) the socks sometimes just have to go. We have similar black rubber, a mud kitchen and a grassy hill to roll down... my dd is also a total muck magnet

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now