Talk

Advanced search

Heath House Prep - Blackheath

(12 Posts)
kimann Thu 04-May-17 16:13:55

Does anyone have experience of this school at all?

Thanks in advance!

MaryWortleyMontagu Thu 04-May-17 16:15:57

My friend's son goes there (yr1) and they seem really happy with the school.

kimann Thu 04-May-17 16:39:35

does the small space put them off at all? I like the school, but concerned about the space restraints...

MaryWortleyMontagu Thu 04-May-17 17:26:08

No but they did have a bad experience at another school so from their perspective heath house is brilliant. Me personally, I disliked the fact that there was no outdoor space. I know that they use the heath a lot but it's not the same thing. But that obviously doesn't put others off.

kimann Thu 04-May-17 18:05:52

Hmmm I understand. We have an offer somewhere else but want a prep. I'm terribly confused!

andsoshesays Thu 04-May-17 23:16:16

Which schools are you considering?

kimann Fri 05-May-17 02:05:22

Colfes and BHH. All have their pluses and minuses I suppose. Will have to talk to my husband to see what he thinks. It's hard isn't it!

andsoshesays Fri 05-May-17 07:14:16

Absolutely. Just depends what your priorities are. And what your little one is like.

kimann Fri 05-May-17 07:35:28

Do you have have experience of any of the schools?

andsoshesays Fri 05-May-17 16:01:45

We're looking at them too - so no firsthand experience yet. I know a few parents - their feedback seems overwhelming positive about colfes and b prep. More mixed at b high and h house but as you say - some pros and cons. Depends on your child I think. Mostly colfes parents seem pleasantly surprised I find - it sounds as though the reality is better than the open days etc. We're also considering state in our area but would be applying for that next year.

My view on HH was that they would almost certainly give you a good range of options at 11 (probably including some scholarships). But if your child didn't fit on that track then I wasn't sure how s/he would be accommodated. Might be unfair as mine haven't started school yet so it's hard to tell from the outside.

Best of luck.

What are your reads on the schools?

kimann Fri 05-May-17 16:29:28

Colfes is lovely and the grounds are huge - I am just concerned that the class is bigger (although everywhere seems to be smaller than HH!) BHP is too hard to get into. We were offerend a place in BHH as wel but turned it down as I now have a son to consider as well.

I just don't know what to put my finger on re Colfes - something is niggling at me, but I can't identify it. I think I was more of the belief for her to go to school till 11 then move to another school, with Colfes, it's a bit different and while some parents might see that as a bonus (no preparation for the +11) I see that as a disadvantage.

andsoshesays Sat 13-May-17 22:25:54

Hope you've managed to make a decision you're happy with.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now