Talk

Advanced search

Applying for private schools: Handwritten or typed application form?

(9 Posts)
MumWifeDaughterDoctor Sat 29-Apr-17 15:23:56

We are preparing applications for private schools in London for our son and are unsure whether it is advisable to fill in the application forms by hand or using the computer and would be grateful for any advice from more experienced parents. Thank you!

OhTheRoses Sat 29-Apr-17 15:30:26

Doesn't matter. Always done it by hand but youngest dc about to do A'Levels. They always got in though.

exexpat Sat 29-Apr-17 15:34:07

As long as it is legible, I can't imagine it would make any difference.

Are you letting the stress of the application process get to you so much that you obsess over details like this? Or have you heard some weird rumours about schools employing handwriting analysis to vet prospective parents?

GU24Mum Sat 29-Apr-17 16:40:20

Presumably it's just the registration form? I assume everyone handwrites them as they are pre-printed forms so it would be beyond my technical abilities to work out how to print out the details on their forms! The school will be looking at some combination of what your child is like and whether you can pay the fees - they won't be analysing the merits of your application form!

CruCru Sat 29-Apr-17 17:20:08

Write them out neatly by hand.

trinity0097 Sat 29-Apr-17 20:39:32

Just make sure it is legible, especially the email address to save some poor admin person trying to figure out your email address!

trinity0097 Sat 29-Apr-17 20:40:07

Oh, and I work in a school, have never seen a typed completed application form, they are all handwritten

MumWifeDaughterDoctor Sun 30-Apr-17 10:22:37

Thank you so much to all of you, OhTheRoses, exexpat, GU24Mum and CruCru. This is very helpful. smile

MumWifeDaughterDoctor Sun 30-Apr-17 10:23:38

Thank you so much to all of you, OhTheRoses, exexpat, GU24Mum and CruCru and trinity0097. This is very helpful. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now