Talk

Advanced search

Feedback on good/bad experiences of W12 primary schools please

(3 Posts)
user1493203370 Wed 26-Apr-17 13:16:07

Hello, I am soon to be moving to W12.
The reason for this post is to ask anyone in the W12 area about a school they have had GOOD or BAD experiences with...there are lots of schools and I am looking through my catchment ones as well as others trying to get a feel for them. We are not religious, though I have been advised that baptising my daughter would be helpful, though I am not sure about this.
If necessary I can home school and apply again next year.
I have only just managed to secure my new home, unfortunately this means I have missed the deadline for Sept 2017 applications.
My ideal school would have knowledge of how to handle highly sensitive children (HSC) teach Mind Up or mindfulness, as well as all of obvious academic subjects. But place just as much emphasis on creativity.
I don't drive so would be walking to school.
I will not send my daughter to a school that does not seem right, home education is an option as I mentioned earlier.

PatriciaHolm Wed 26-Apr-17 14:12:55

I can't help with schools but just a point - you can't simply apply for reception again next year, if that's what you were alluding to! You say in the other post your daughter has a Jan birthday, so there is no flexibility for her to go into next years reception- you would be looking for a year 1 place, so really it doesn't help to leave it. Getting on the relevant waiting lists now is key, as lists are held in order of how you meet the admissions criteria not how long you have been on the list.

frums Wed 26-Apr-17 20:44:28

Where in W12 do you live? Are you close to W6 border as many kids in W12 go to school in W6.

There are some great primaries in Shepherds Bush and many that deal very well indeed with children with additional needs but none I know of which teach mindfulness or the such.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now