Talk

Advanced search

St Mary's CoE Primary School, Angel Islington

(3 Posts)
Dangermouse10 Thu 20-Apr-17 12:05:10

Hello,
Does anyone have children that attend St Mary's CoE Primary School in Fowler Road or have any knowledge of what it is like? It gets consistently good test results and sounds like a lovely small school but it is under subscribed, which seems extremely surprising! I'm having trouble finding much information about it and I'm not able to tour it until later in the year so would love to hear from anyone who knows anything about the school, thanks.

Terentia Thu 20-Apr-17 12:36:22

Hi

I don't know anyone with children there at the moment. I know of two families who had children who briefly attended before getting their first-choice schools. Neither of them disliked it, just preferred other choices.

I imagine that it's a bit in the shadow of William Tyndale, which it's quite close to and would be the first choice for many local parents. It does get good results, though that may be easier for one-form schools. The proportion of children receiving free school meals is 37.8 per cent.

I often see St Mary's pupils in Astey's Row park behind Essex Road and in South Library so you could visit those places to try to get a feel for the parents/kids.

Dangermouse10 Tue 25-Apr-17 10:26:05

Hi Terentia
Thank you so much for taking the time to reply - I really appreciate it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now