Talk

Advanced search

7 year old daughter peer pressure

(7 Posts)
Law1975 Thu 20-Apr-17 10:55:19

My daughter .. wont stand up for herself .. she is a very polite little girl who dont like upsetting ppl .. but in her class is another girl who is mean and controling .. other children has to ask said girl permission to play with my daughter .. i have raised this with the school but i cant seam to get my daughter to stand up for herself .. said girl is now getting my daughter into trouble .. my daughter is scared of said girl more than me .. any tips on getting my daughter to stand up to the bully

2014newme Thu 20-Apr-17 12:59:51

You need to involve the teacher.

GuestWW Thu 20-Apr-17 13:08:36

Don't let it continue - there is one in our school too. You will just have to be very persistent and keep going back into the school with examples. I don't think it is realistic to expect a timid seven-year-old to stand up for themselves, most simply don't have the skills. Keep telling her it isn't her fault and encourage her to avoid the other girl as much as possible.

RaspberryIce Thu 20-Apr-17 13:36:28

As you've already raised this once with the school could you email the teacher and someone else eg. Head so you've got it in writing. They might take more action

Law1975 Sat 22-Apr-17 15:17:56

Thank u .. the teacher has now helped out millions .. and has kept the girl away and had a talk to the whole class lets hope it stays this way 😊

Law1975 Sat 22-Apr-17 15:21:00

Friday was a good day .. the girl has been kept away and the teacher had a talk to the whole class about being controling and its all good the teacher is amazing .. i hope it continues .. i have a happy daughter and we are all happy now 😊😊😊😊😊

Astro55 Sat 22-Apr-17 15:24:05

Can I suggest some role play at home?

That way some stock phases just slip out naturally!!

'I can play with who I like'

Keep practicing

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now