Talk

Advanced search

May I indulge in a little boast?

(20 Posts)
Everyoneafter3 Tue 04-Apr-17 11:32:44

Nine yo Dd1 (Y4) hasn't exactly had an easy time of school this year. Job share teachers, one of whom seems to dislike my dd ("she looks through me mum", and lately being told she has to miss break to make up for missing 20 minutes of French due to a violin lesson) generally no differentiation (v high achiever), the entirely normal but irritating problems with girls of that age etc etc

BUT

I have just had an email to tell me she's through to the next round of the BBC 500 words competition. I'm so pleased for her, especially as she did this at home - the whole school did it bur she submitted the one she did in her own time.

Even if she gets no further, what an incredible boost for her!

Pandamanda3 Tue 04-Apr-17 11:36:25

Ahhh many congratulations to your dd op
Tell her lots of people think she's done amazingly well and to keep up the good work ,bless her it's hard at that age and difficult teachers don't help a child's confidence, so she's done very well your right to have a little boast 💐

Gooseygoosey12345 Tue 04-Apr-17 11:36:58

Boast all you want smile I would be very proud too!
My daughter is excelling in maths (her literacy is extremely good too) and I tell everyone at every chance I get (as you can tell) haha.
Well done to your DD!

Allthebestnamesareused Tue 04-Apr-17 11:39:41

Well done mini-everyone!

Boast away proud mum! You can do it here easier than in RL were friends can be a bit sniffy about being happy for your child's achievements.

WatchMeSoar Tue 04-Apr-17 11:40:39

Well done that's a great achievement! Boast away

multivac Tue 04-Apr-17 11:41:09

That's an extraordinary achievement - they get thousands upon thousands of entries; well done!

Everyoneafter3 Tue 04-Apr-17 11:42:11

I cannot wait to tell school when they go back after Easter.

Floggingmolly Tue 04-Apr-17 11:42:48

⭐️🎖 for her. Well done!

Everyoneafter3 Tue 04-Apr-17 11:43:30

It was 131,000 entries and she's down to the first cut of 5,000. I really don't think she realises how many 131,000 actually is!

Bubblysqueak Tue 04-Apr-17 11:44:10

They had 1000s of entries that's a huge achievement! Boast away. Well done OPS DD !!! star

daisychicken Tue 04-Apr-17 11:45:43

Well Done Everyoneafter3's DD! Fab achievement! star

Justonemorecupoftea Tue 04-Apr-17 12:11:57

This is brilliant. My son managed this last year and it worked wonders for his confidence before his SATs. What a lovely boost for her. She'll get a certificate, be sure to make the most of it in the school newslettersmile

WindyBottoms Tue 04-Apr-17 13:39:50

That's fantastic! Well done to your DD.

Good luck for the next stage of the competition. star

Aebj Tue 04-Apr-17 13:43:04

That's amazing. Well done to your dd . Hope you show her the posts on here

chitofftheshovel Tue 04-Apr-17 13:48:25

That is a fantastic achievement, a big well done to her. And to you too, no you didn't write the piece but you provided her with the tools to do so.

Greenleave Tue 04-Apr-17 18:03:58

Many congratulation Everyoneafter3: my yr 4( 9yrs old) through the next round too, received an email today, was a pleasant surprise as her strength is maths and we are bilingual. She made sure that she submitted it before letting any of us read it.

Everyoneafter3 Tue 04-Apr-17 18:22:16

And same to your dd!

Mandolinoparadiso Thu 06-Apr-17 11:42:00

DS (10) is through to the next round. He's so thrilled and it's been a great boost to his confidence.

Greenleave Thu 06-Apr-17 12:35:10

Mine asked for a new fountain pen as a reward, she is now allowed to use pen so a trip to JL for me today. She loves writing though, her favourite time at school is the big write. Recently she changes her reading from usual fictions, non fictions, adventurous, aged appropriate books to science books. She has been burried her head in piles of science books( I have never read these books and have no idea about anything she retells from her readings). This might need to change though as it comes to a little too obsessed.

Everyoneafter3 Fri 07-Apr-17 13:00:22

Dd declared there was no point in telling school as her teacher wouldn't care sad.

I printed out the certificate and this has persuaded her that she really should take it in.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now